I accepted an invitation to be interviewed by Alison Donaghey of the Natural Born Speakers program on Bold Radio Station. On April 7, 2016, while she was located in her studio on Vancouver Island, the radio producer in the U.S.A., the technician in the Middle East, and I in Surrey, B.C. completed the program, using the internet.
Although stories like this are happening more frequently, I am still amazed and thrilled at our global reach and expansion of our collaborative efforts worldwide.
Alison, a fun and humorous interviewer wanted me to share my love of walking Labyrinths and how speakers can use the power of the Labyrinth as a way to calm their minds and increase clarity.
Here is what I offered when Alison asked for a few suggestions for people who suffer from nervousness and anxiety. She wanted tips to clear writers’ blocks and create new ideas for speeches:
1. Print off a copy of the paper finger labyrinth below.
2. Find a place where you can be alone and quiet. This should be a spot where you can focus your attention inwards. You may wish to choose an empty room, a quiet corner, the bathroom, a coat closet, or somewhere outside.
3. Place your finger on the mouth or entrance of your paper
4. May partially close your eyes.
5. Set the purpose of this mindfulness activity.
6. Take three deep breaths to invite presence — the here and
7. Move your finger slowly at a comfortable pace.
8. When you arrive at the center, leave your finger there for
as long as you like.
9. Continue to be mindful of your feelings, thoughts, and sensations in your body, as you finger-walk your journey back to the exterior world.
10. When I am at the end of the paths, I say “thank you” to
complete the experience.
11. You may do another labyrinth “walk” with your finger until you are centered.
This process can take 5 – 10 minutes and you can repeat it if necessary.
Please send me an email to let me know how this has helped you.
Click here, to hear the details of our radio interview.